I love fall! And one of the main things I love about fall is the excuse for to try pumpkin in everything. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and couldn’t wait to try it. Just a few minor tweaks and this recipe has already become one of my favorites. The flavors are amazing, bright and unique…you need to make this dish!
Pumpkin Pasta w/ Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ground Turkey or Italian Sausage (I did a mix)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or substitute plain non-fat yogurt)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1-2 large Spaghetti Squash (you can use noodles as seen in the picture above; however, this dish is amazing with the squash!)
Pre-heat oven to 450F. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle the flesh with olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place squash flesh down. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Once done, scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
Meanwhile, saute garlic and meat over medium heat. Once meat is cooked, add remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Serve over the spaghetti squash and get ready to enjoy!!!
Original Inspiration from: http://abirdandabean.com/2010/11/creamy-pumpkin-pasta.html#_a5y_p=1000769